We at the Ethical Writers Coalition are challenging you to buy second hand first this season. All September, we will be discussing the value of thrift, how-tos, where to donate your own goods, and more! You game?
Our goals include:
- Promote second hand first.
- Simplify wardrobes and find the proper outlet for discards.
- Value the work of designers and factory workers by giving new life to discarded things.
From the Note Passer Archives
From the Ethical Writers Coalition
From cleaning out to over-consumption, the Ethical Writers have got you covered. Follow us for more posts throughout the month. Click through each photo for the post.
Around the Web
Here are a few things I've been reading about second hand this month.
- We Buy An Obscene Amount Of Clothes. Here's What It's Doing To Secondhand Stores. via The Huffington Post.
- Starting September 19, Charity Fashion Live will be showing London Fashion Week looks recreated in an Oxfam charity shop, just moments after they emerge on the catwalk.
The Ethical Writers are collaborating on a Pinterest board filled with tips, articles, and inspiration for shopping second hand. Follow us!