Summer Reads Make Me Feel Fine
Summer is a time for leisure, beach reads, and zines. Like the ripest melon of the season, Selva Beat Magazine's Summer '16 Issue has arrived, perfectly timed full of colorful and useful summertime content. Download a digital copy to see more of my illustrations and to support writers, artists, designers, and brands working to make sustainability accessible to a wider audience. You can read the coolest environmental publication around for just $5.99!
Here's a preview of what's inside:
- An ethical city guide to Portland
- Essays on culture, food, and veganism
- Palm-oil free, vegan beauty spreads
- Palm-oil free nail art
- Ethical fashion lookbooks
- Tips for zero waste living
- An interview with Sister Coffee
- and much, much more!
Other reads I'll be taking to the beach on vacation next week:
- Thrive, written by Ethical Writers Coalition member Kamea Chayne
- Margaret Atwood's cli-fi series starting with Oryx & Crake (Thanks to Faye for the recommendation!)
- The Culture Code (recommended by my business partner Andrea)
If possible, I get my copies from Better World Books, who believe education and access to books are basic human rights. The books they collect and sell help fund high-impact literacy projects in the United States and around the world. They are like a zillion times better than Amazon, so keep them in mind for your next book purchases.